Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Strawberry Bread

Found the link to this recipe on Pinterest, so decided to give it a shot today.
3 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt 
3 teaspoons cinnamon 
2 cups sugar 
15 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, cut up 
4 eggs, well-beaten 
1 1/4 cups cooking oil 1 
1/4 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1/4 cups pecans (optional)


Preheat oven to 350, grease 2 loaf pans, combine dry ingredients, make a well in the center and add the thawed strawberries, eggs, oil and nuts.  Mix into a nice batter, pour into loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

This recipe made 2 nice sized loaves, and they were very moist and good, I chose to omit the walnuts/pecans as my family isn't a big fan of nuts of any kind--yet they love peanut butter figure that one out, haha. The loaves also didn't take 1 hour in my oven, but as I've mentioned before I have a propane stove so it tends to take less cooking time for most things

I'm trying to find things that I'll be able to bake and pack in my daughters lunches, so will probably have a few baking posts over the next little while, have some suggestions?  Would love to hear em :)




No comments:

Post a Comment