Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits


As much as I love being a Mom, there are a couple of babies that I have yet to mention in my blog, and they are my fur-babies, Foxy and Daisy-Duke :)  Foxy is an eight year old Jack Russell Terrier, and Daisy-Duke (or just Daisy) is a 5 year old Chihuahua.



We sometimes tend to spoil our daughter Brook-Lynn since she is our one and only, but make no mistake our little fur-babies are just as spoiled and loved, they are our children too :)

So here is a post for them and all the other dog lovers out there, my babies loved these treats as I'm sure most would, who doesn't LOVE peanut butter after all?!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 tsp Fish Oil, optional but it promotes healthy skin and fur-- (Didn't have this so omitted it)
  • 2 1/2 cups Flour
  • 1 TBS Baking Powder
Preheat oven to 350°

1.  Mix peanut butter and milk then fish oil if you are using it.
2. In seperate bowl mix flour and baking powder then pour peanut butter mixture in a stir with a large spoon.
3. Flour work surface and rolling pin and roll out dough to desired thickness, then use a cookie cutter to cut shapes.




4.  Place wax paper/parchment paper on baking sheet and add biscuits.  I being the corny momma that I am chose to use some Halloween stamps (and the backs of my measuring spoons) to add some detail to them :)





5. Bake for 10-15 minutes and allow to cool completely before letting your dogs taste test.  The recipe I used said to bake for 35 minutes--knowing my oven, I did 15 and some of the thinner biscuits burnt, so watch closely!  This recipe made 46 small biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment