- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs (seemed like a lot to me, but I followed the recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350° Spray a 9x9-inch pan with nonstick spray, then line with a strip of parchment paper (NOT Wax, there is a difference, wax paper will smoke) so that it covers the bottom and comes up two sides of the pan. Spray the parchment with nonstick spray too.
2. In a microwave safe bowl microwave in 30 second bursts to melt butter and chocolate chips together until all is melted and smooth. Whisk in the sugars, then whisk in the eggs, vanilla and salt. Sift flour into the bowl and stir that in too. Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the brownie layer is cooked through (toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). Place the pan of brownies in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process (or cool at room temperature and add the cookie dough layer later). (Instructions continued below photo... )
My Little Helper Stirring The Brownie Mix
Now time for the Cookie Dough Layer:
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature or almost melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips (I used regular sized chocolate chips)
- additional miniature chocolate chips, if desired (to melt on top)
4. Use the parchment paper to lift the brownies from the pan and onto a cutting board, cut and enjoy!
One thing I will note, these are very rich, delicious but rich, so I think next time I will use a bigger pan so the pieces arn't as thick and can be cut more "bite sized".