Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Cheerio Treats!

Here is a quick easy recipe that I found on pinterest and  first tried last night after dinner, and the whole family loved.

• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup corn syrup
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 5 cup Cheerios








In a large pot, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boil over medium heat.

Boil for a minute or so and remove from heat.

Add peanut butter and vanilla to mixture and mix until smooth.

Add Cheerios and mix until all coated.

Drop mixture by spoonful onto waxed paper and allow to cool.


I doubled all the ingredients other than the cereal just over 8 cups and I figured if I added anymore the cereal wouldn't coat properly.  They were goooood, crunchy yet sweet and candy-like.  Going in my recipe box for Christmas for sure.


Tip: Remove from wax paper before entirely cool, I made them at night and set them outside to cool (it didn't seem like they were going to solidify--but they did) and the wax paper wanted to stick.



No comments:

Post a Comment