Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy First Day of Fall!

Do you decorate for the holidays?  I sure do!  So today I thought I would share with you some of the crafts I have made to decorate our home.

First up, the very simple yet beautiful glitter pumpkin:

Paint glue on dollerstore pumpkin, add glitter, done!  Love how it sparkles in the sunlight of my front window.

Before & After:





This next idea I came up with while searching Pinterest (of course).  I had seen wreaths made of leaves all over Pinterest, so I put my own spin on the idea and used a left over peel and stick floor tile and dollar store leaves to make mine. The last layer of leaves didn't entirely touch the tile, so I added some extra glue just to be sure.  I also glued a ribbon to the back for easy hanging.





With the colors of Autumn being so bright, sunflowers just seem to fit right in.  So with a little vase filler and some ribbon and dollar store sunflowers I created this floral arrangement. 



And lastly a project we made as a family, our  "Thankful Tree".  A construction paper project where we wrote on the leaves about what we were thankful for.


I have a few more ideas and projects underway so stay tuned and I'll be sure to post some pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment