Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites


Well after another 5km and a round of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, I was in need of a post workout snack.  After a few minutes of scanning through some recipes I knew just what I wanted to make, and I thought I had all the ingredients to make them...

Ingredients:

1 cup oatmeal (dry)
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla


Combine ingredients in bowl, refrigerate for a half hour, then roll into balls.
Should make 18-20 balls.



  The thing I love about these is as the original poster *Smashed Peas and Carrots said the ingredient list is so flexible.  I didn't have quite enough honey so I added a little more vanilla and peanut butter, then I didn't have flax seed so added some raisins instead, they are GOOD.  So many variations could be made, a keeper recipe for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment