Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

My New Workout Plan

Did workout day 11 of the month this morning and feeling great (more on that momentarily).

I do have a small confession, while at Dairy Queen yesterday (doing a pick-up for my parents, so that I wouldn't be tempted to get something for myself) I looked up at the menu to realize our Dairy Queen has suddenly got an ORANGE JULIUS inside!!  Where have I been that I didn't know this?! Can you tell I live in a small town...  I had to, I had to, I got my favourite, a strawberry banana smoothie (A large, that I shared with the fam, according to their webpage is 430 cals).  It was what I concidered to be my lunch yesterday, but still technically cheating :(

Back to the workout part, have started:


Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

It is a 90 day (if I don't get bored) program consisting of 3 phases, 15 total workouts.  Each workout is approximately 30 minutes.  Today I did day 1 of week 2.  So far I am loving it, and have gotten into a habit to do my workouts right after my morning routine (Brook off to school, beds made, floors swept, dishes done and put away).  Seems to be working well, and I'm not bored yet.  

Jillian has played a HUGE part in my previous 70lbs of weight loss, so I'm confident that I'll likely see results from this program.  I like that the videos are done in a group setting, although they're all in incredible shape seems to help keep me more motivated.  I also love my hand weights, and she makes good use of them in these videos, even adding them to more simple moves for the more advanced.

I've also been walking to the bus most mornings and afternoons, as well as using my spin bike/elliptical in the evenings when time permits (and I'm not exhausted).  Well that's it for now, off to craft away the rest of the afternoon and start dinner (spaghetti with turkey meatballs yum!).  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment