Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mini Muffin Potato Tots

Was at my Mom's one afternoon when I seen Rachael Ray making these "Mini Muffin Potato Tots" , all I caught was the very end of the segment so after coming home I made sure to "Google It" so that I could give them a try.

Ingredients:

  • 1 16-ounce package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Salt and pepper
  • Cooking spray

The bag from our store was a 750g bag, 16 ounces to grams = 453g so I just eyeballed approximately half of the bag. 

  
In a medium bowl, toss the shredded potatoes with flour, making sure to coat all the shreds in a little bit of flour. Add in the egg and stir. Season with salt and pepper.


Spray muffin cups with cooking spray. Use a small scoop (I used an ice cream scoop)  to evenly scoop the potato mixture into all of the mini muffin cups. Spray the tops of the tots with cooking spray to ensure even browning.

 

Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven, and flip with a fork. Bake for an additional 9-10 minutes or until brown on top.

  I will note: I was actually in a hurry--and didn't read the instructions all the way through, when my "hasbrown cups" were not dark enough I just cooked them longer...and did not flip them, and I wondered why mine didn't look like hers! haha 

 They were still delicious, would go nicely as a breakfast side, or we used them as a side to turkey burgers at dinner instead of french fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment