Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Oh my goodness these were good.  Too good almost as I'm sure they probably are not very low in calories.  The recipe I had for these called for 1 cup all purpose flour, and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, but since I didn't have whole wheat flour I've changed it, wish I did have it maybe then I could pass them as more healthy? haha but delicious nonetheless.


MUFFIN:
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped

TOPPING:
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners. (I will note this recipe only made 9 nice sized muffins for me)

2. In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Add oil, egg and milk and stir just until combined. Fold in apples. Divide batter between the 9-12 muffin cups.
 

   3. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients (I found a fork worked good to make it crumbly). Sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
 
 
 4. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment