Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dinner Roll Recipe!

As promised, Here is the Dinner Roll Recipe I used :) They were a hit with everyone/no one complained but not sure I'd use this exact recipe again.  They are a sweet bun so wouldn't be for someone that doesn't like them sweet.
  • 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1/2 cup warm milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 2-4tbsp of extra butter
I used my Kitchen Aid for the recipe, like I previously said so didn't exactly follow the directions given on the recipe. Heres what I did.... I mixed the water and milk, nuked in in the microwave for about 30 seconds, poured it into the bowl of my KitchenAid mixer, then stirred in the sugar until it dissolved, then stirred in the yeast. After it got foamy (about 10 mins) I mixed in the salt, butter and egg, then I started mixing the flour a half cup at a time. I let it rise for about 45 minutes in the bowl, then punched it down, divided it into 16 balls and let it rise for another hour, then baked for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment